Monday, April 27, 2009

Cute monkey pants sewing pattern


I found a very cute sewing pattern for baby pants for sale on etsy by danslalune. It is for a pair of monkey pants with a separate back gusset. They look very similar to the monkey pants you buy at the stores. The pants are pretty easy to sew once you figure out the pieces. It took a little while for me to figure out how to sew on the back gusset, but after that it was simple. I also added on to the seam allowance on the sides so the pants are wider. The pattern calls for stretch knits only so that is why the legs are fairly narrow. I like his pants looser, but that it is just a personal preference. I made the pants out of dyed hemp/organic cotton knit fabric. They look really cute and I am definitely going to make him a few more pairs.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

VERY cute! I have been looking for this pattern everywhere!