Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recycled baby pants


We had an old pair of pants that he was going to give to Goodwill, so in true scavenger fashion I snatched the pants and decided to make a new pair for the little guy. The pants were pretty old and had holes, but with a little careful cutting I was able to make it work. I also used the inside fabric for the outside of his pants since it was in much better condition. I used the monkey pants pattern again but had to do a lot of modifications since the pattern is for stretch knits only. I had some problems with the gusset, but I was able to make it work and they turned out really cute. I am going to work on the pattern a bit more so it works better for non-stretch fabric. A friend gave me some really cute dyed fabric that is perfect for a pair of lightweight summer pants for the little guy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these are awesome! Do you have the pattern for non-stretchy fabrics?

Natural Violet said...

Thanks so much!! I did come up with a pattern that works for great for non-stretch fabric. I will try to post it soon.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...