Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dyed hemp yarn


 I have lots of projects going so hope to post a bit more frequently over the next few weeks. The latest is yarn dyeing. I mentioned previously that I dye hemp fabric with fiber reactive dyes from Dharma Trading Company. I recently dyed hemp yarn using the same dyes and yarn dyeing instructions I found on their website. I used four different dye colors including avocado, wedgewood blue, yucca and jade green. I am really happy with how the skeins turned out and I can't wait to knit something for the little guy. I am working on a baby knicker pattern that I hope to post soon. The yarn will be perfect for a pair of pants for the little guy.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...