Monday, February 1, 2010

Reusable baby wipes



Cloth baby wipes are very easy to make. They can be made from any absorbent fabric scraps you have in your stash. They are also really cost effective and simple to clean if you are already using cloth diapers. I throw the baby wipes in pail with the cloth diapers and wash them at the same time. I made a few more recently to add to the pile. These are made from a flannel receiving blanket and a baby hooded towel. I used the flannel on one side and the terry cloth on the other. I cut the wipes about the same size as the ones you buy. They measure about 7 x 8.5 inches. I put the two layers together and finished the edges with a closed zig zag stitch. I fold the wipes in half and stach them in a regular wipe container. I add a simple herbal wipe solution and presto I have my own reusable baby wipes.

Herbal baby wipe solution

2 cups distilled H20
1 teaspoon baby body wash ( I like California Baby or Baby Oh Baby)
1 teaspoon oil (I use almond, apricot kernel or sunflower oil)

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...