Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A few changes in the diaper cleaning routine

I wrote about how I cloth diaper on a day to day basis a while back. It was around the time when he turned one and I felt I had enough experience to write down my routine. My diapering routine is about the same now with a few recent changes. I finally purchased a diaper sprayer. Woohoo! I am not sure why I waited so long. I guess I felt like it was a luxury and I didn't really need one. However now that I have one, I don't think I would give it up too easily. It is really nice and helps a lot with diaper cleaning. I won't elaborate too much, but the diapers have been a bit more messy lately. I have found also that I don't need to use the BioKleen Bac-Out too much anymore since I rinse the diapers pretty well before putting them in the pail. The only drawback though is that I do use a bit more water, so we will see how much once we get our next bill.

I bought a BumGenius diaper sprayer at Kelly's Closet and received free shipping so that was really great. I was going to make one from a kitchen sprayer. I have seen diy info for making your own diaper sprayer or bidet online, but when I priced it all out it was only about $10 cheaper and the one I bought is a lot nicer than anything I could have put together. It has a variable flow including an off position. The tubing is standard size also and can be easily replaced. It also works great for cleaning the toilet. It is sort of funny now, but we are excited about using it if that is the correct description. Who would have thought that something that attaches to your toilet could be so exciting? The little guy finds it a bit exciting also so I am glad I can turn it off easily. I am sure my little squirrel is going to figure it out soon, but for now he hasn't made the connection with the handle.

Another recent change in the diaper routine is the detergent. I am now using Charlies Soap. It is a bit more economical than the BioKleen. Also since I make most of the little guys hemp diapers with a sewn in microfleece liner, I find the Charlies Soap works better since it has no additives. I have changed all of our laundry now and wash everything with Charlies Soap. That goes also for anything I sell through the business. It will all be washed using Charlies Soap. It is a really great product and makes all of our laundry really soft.

So that is it for changes so far. I still love my cloth diapers!

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...