Monday, February 21, 2011

Pumpkin sugar scrub

I just started using powdered fruit extracts in the my body care products and I am really excited. I bought a variety from DIY Cosmetics and I really love the results. I bought pumpkin, mango, pineapple, custard apple and papaya. I became interested in the fruit extracts because I wanted an easy way to make facials and also get the fruit enzyme benefits. I did originally try fresh papaya and pineapple as a facial, but I found I didn't do it very often just because it is a bit labor intensive and I don't usually have fresh papaya on hand. I figured there is an easier way and some place must have dried papaya for body care products. I was very happy to find them online. Yesterday I tried the pumpkin sugar scrub recipe on DIY Cosmetics website and it is a real treat for the skin. Very fun and it gives me a lot of ideas for future concoctions.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...