Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Halloween!


I am a little late in posting our Halloween costumes. We had a great time trick or treating at the UVA lawn and also passing out goodies at our house. This year we went with the family star wars theme. I made J a jedi costume from a few extra cotton curtains we had in the linen closet. The pattern is based on a karate outfit. I improvised the belt by looking online at jedi costumes. He really liked the costume and wore it to preschool on Halloween. I reused my Princess Leia costume from two year ago. I had a few wardrobe malfunctions. I couldn't find my knitted hair buns and the belt that just fit me the week before no longer fit. I added ties to the belt and improvised on the hair buns. I cut long tubes of black knit fabric and stuffed those with bamboo fill. I attached the buns to the headband since I couldn't figure out a way to attach them to my hair as I did with the knitted buns. All it all it turned good and was comfy to wear on my 26 week preggo body. For C I also reused the cape from wizard costume I made two years ago. I made a similar belt for him to wear of the cape so it was easy to get together. It was a lot of fun dressing up as a family again.







No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...