Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lavender and lemon whipped body butter



Here is another lovely body care recipe. I make lotion bars on a regular basis and use them as my primary moisturizer. I love the bars so much that I no longer use any store bought lotions. I have said this before but making your own body care products is such a treat. I am so excited I found a few recipes for whipped body butter. It is similar to lotion bars except you leave out the wax and whip the oils with a mixer. Here is what I added to mine but there are several variations online. The texture is amazing and it is fairly simple to make.

Lavender and lemon whipped body butter

1/4 cup organic olive oil
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1/2 cup organic cocoa butter
30 drops lavender oil
10 drops lemon oil

Melt the oils together using a hot water bath on the stove. Place the oils in the fridge for an hour. Whip the oils using a mixer to a frosting consistancy. Add the essential oils and blend. Treat your skin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there something different I could use besides the cocoa butter? (My husband is allergic to the cocoa butter) :/

Natural Violet said...

You can use Shea or mango butter instead of cocoa butter.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...