Saturday, February 1, 2014

KCW Day 5 and 6 - Flutter sleeve dress and baby pants



For KCW Day 5 and 6, I made a really sweet little flutter sleeve dress and matching pants for R. The pattern for the dress is from Sew Chic Kids. I received the book for Christmas and I love all of the patterns. The flutter sleeve dress is style K. I made the size 2 and it is generous sized for R, but I figure she can wear it over the summer and maybe into next winter also with the pants. The material is from a cotton night gown I found at Goodwill. I also made another pair of Monster Bunz pants to go under the dress. The pants are made from sleeves of a knit shirt from Goodwill that I have been saving for a few years. I always planned to make a pair of pants for J but never got around to it so now I am using them for R. The charcoal lycra knit fabric is from Fashion Fabric Club. They had an awesome sale on knits a few weeks ago. The actually have free shipping this week so I am sure I am going to order more good stuff for sewing.


Photo bomb courtesy of little sweets. She crawled right over the pants and ground them into the wood floor. It is no wonder I rarely get a good photo to put on the blog. Oh well, I am sure it would help also if I had a good camera. 



No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...