Friday, April 17, 2009

Shortie Baby Bib


Here is a pattern for a collar bib. I made a few this week and they are pretty simple and quick. The pattern is modeled after a bib I have, but it is wider and has a round shape. It fits over it his shoulders nicely and looks like a cute little collar.

Here is the pattern and below are the instructions. Enjoy!

Instructions for shortie baby bib

Materials: I made the following bib out of hemp/organic cotton knit fabric and a cotton print. I used 1 inch aplix velcro for the tabs.

1. Print the pattern and cut out. Cut out of the inside and outside fabric pieces for the bib using the pattern and placing on a fold. Zig zag the edges of the cotton print fabric or any fabric that frays.

2. Cut a 1.5 inch piece of hook and loop velcro. Sew the velcro pieces on the bib tabs. Either fabric is fine since the bib is reversible.


3. Place the wrong sides of the fabric together and sew leaving about a 2 inch gap for turning.


4. Turn the bib right side out and stitch the opening closed. Top stitch around the bib. All done.



No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...