Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fleece vest to sleep sac


I am definitely getting into recycling mode. I have to say it is really satisfying to find something at a thrift store and give it a new twist. I found a medium size fleece vest with a full zipper and thought it would perfect for a sleep sac. I used the same pattern as the hemp sleep sac. I removed the pockets and cut through the zipper to make room for the neckline. I cut one inch binding strips and finished the neck and arm holes. I have to say the best part was not having to sew in the zipper. Though it is not difficult to do, I find it a bit cumbersome and having it already done was great. I think the whole project only took about a half an hour and cost about $4, so very nice.

3 comments:

Nik said...

Genius!

MrsThorsen said...

I like it!! I need a fleece sac for winter, and have plenty of fleece to sew one, but I've been considering just buying one to avoid dealing with the zipper. Your idea is the best of both worlds. . .I'll have to keep my eye out for a vest or jacket now!

Natural Violet said...

Thanks!! Having the zipper done was definitely the best part.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...