Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fruity baby sweater


My adorable little niece is turning one this weekend. Very exciting! We are planning a road trip to see her this weekend and celebrate. Little guy is going to love hanging out with his cousin. I made a sweater for her birthday. The pattern is from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. I made the Kai sweater. The yarn is recycled from a white sweater I found at the local thrift store. I took apart the sweater and dyed the yarn in tangerine, cherry and lemon. I am really getting into the recycled yarn and fabric. I found a cool website called Wardrobe Refashion where everything is made from recycled fabric or yarn. I hope to make the pledge soon myself and commit to using only recycled goods. Check out the blog if you haven't seen it before. There are some really great projects posted.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...