Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teeny recycled t-shirt diaper




I mentioned previously that I like to tinker with patterns. Here is another versions of the diaper pattern. This time I decided to add a gusset similar to the Teeny pants to the back of the diaper. The gusset actually serves two purposes in that it gives extra room to the rise in the back and also breaks up the pattern so it fits easier on a t-shirt. With the previous diaper patterns I cut off the wings to economize on fabric and also to fit the pattern on a wider variety of t-shirts. This works well in general, but does slightly restrict the wing stretch. I don't think it makes a big difference, but it is an added bonus to have the full stretch in the new pattern. The last and most important benefit for the new pattern is that it looks really great with the two colors. It is so fun to have a two tone diaper with a fancy curved gusset in the back. I suppose I should have mentioned that first since it the real reason why I came up with yet another diaper pattern. I also changed the inside lining of the diaper. I use the recycled power stretch micro fleece on the lower portion only and line the top part at the waist band with hemp fleece. It is not a huge difference, but I like that he has a little natural and organic fabric around his waist along with the stay dry lining. I also added a layer of hemp fleece to the entire diaper and it is still trim.





4 comments:

Salihah said...

That is super cute!! I love it! I used to sew diapers, this makes me want to do it again. Good thinking about the stay dry liner but natural fabrics around the waist. Again... CUTE!

Natural Violet said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

wow! those look really good! found ou on cloth diaper bloggers...a local Cviller!

Sarah said...

Can you explain how to put this one together compared to the one you have the pattern linked to? Just curious, thanks!

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...