Saturday, November 6, 2010

More recycled black training pants




I made another pair of black recycled velour training pants for the little guy. This time I used the waterproof training pants pattern from Do-it-yourself EC. I really love this pattern. It is free and comes in a variety of sizes. I made the large size and it fits with plenty of room to grow, but is also very secure around the legs. My version is not waterproof, but I can use any of the regular covers over it when we are out and about. I sewed the training pants together a bit different than shown on the blog. The outside fabric is recycled black velour from a pair of pants from a thrift store. The inside layer is recycled power stretch fleece on the bottom and hemp/organic cotton fleece on the top. I put in a front pocket for the insert which is made from four layers of hemp/organic cotton fleece. I also additional rows of snaps on the back so it will fit for a while. I really like the bikini style training pants and find I can add plenty of absorbency even with the trim fit.



No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...