Sunday, November 21, 2010

Training pants from a recycled diaper cover




I have a diaper cover that is falling apart a bit and probably not worth salvaging. I replaced the hook and loop once already, but the lining is pulling away from the outer fabric. The pul fabric is still nice in the main area so I hated to toss it. I went through my patterns until I found one that would fit in nicely in main area of the cover. I wound up using the Tinkle Time Trainers pattern to make the little guy a pair of semi waterproof trainers. I am sure you will recognize the pul fabric. I thought it was too cute to waste. I made a snap in liner out of four layers of hemp and organic cotton fleece. I used recycled cotton lycra t-shirt fabric for the sides, waistband and leg bands. The little guy calls them the "ribbit" trainers.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...