Sunday, November 21, 2010

Free form flower hair clips





I decided to make something fun with all the circular scraps of fabric I have left over from making baby bibs. I have stacks of both cotton prints and dyed hemp/organic cotton fleece scraps from cutting out the inside portion of the bibs. The scrap shape is perfect for making free form flowers. I originally thought to make pins, but decided hair clips would be more fun. Here are pictures of all the fun flowers I made to sell at a recent holiday show. I sewed the flowers together using the free motion quilting attachment. I covered pin curl clips with grosgrain ribbon using glue gun and then attached the fabric flowers to the clips also using a glue gun. I plan to post a tutorial on how to make the hair clips soon. As you know I am not so good on posting on a regular basis, but I really would like to get back to posting actual tutorials. I love sharing fun projects.



Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...