Monday, August 27, 2012

Lazy Daze craft festival

The Lazy Daze craft festival was on Saturday. The weather was nice in general and a lot cooler than previous years. My booth spot was great and attendance seem good but unfortunately sales were not good. I received a lot of really nice comments on my quilts so very that was great. I also have a good selection of quilts now and new for this year is the smaller size that works great for babies, furry friends and also as wall hangings. I managed to make 12 small quilts and 9 larger ones. I am going to restock my esty shop very soon and see if I can generate any sales. It was really fun hanging out with my sister and her family so a fun a weekend overall. I just need to figure out a way to sell a bit more to make it worth it to go to the shows.









2 comments:

Night Garden Design said...

You might try making some quilted potholders or trivets, too. Then, at least, folks can buy something beautiful and inexpensive that represents your amazing work, and also get your contact info attached in the form of a business card. Then they can contact you down the road when they're ready for a quilt!

Natural Violet said...

Hello! Thanks so much for the suggestions! The trivets and potholders are a great idea. I did have wrist bags and flower pins so that helped. I also just recently had business cards made with my logo so we will see. I love making things but I do find it hard to market my items.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...