Sunday, September 2, 2012

Canning this summer



Our csa at Bellair Farm has pick your own fields which is really awesome for canning. They have several varieties of tomatoes, peppers, green beans and herbs. We picked a lot of tomatoes a few weeks ago and I decided try out a recipe for tomato jam. It is pretty simple and basically sugar along with tomatoes. You cook it for many hours until it thickens. It took quite a bit of tomatoes and only made one pint so not sure if I would do it again but it was a fun experiment and tastes really good. I also found some lovely organic cherries and made sweet cherry jam. I just opened a jar last week and it is pretty yummy.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...