Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More baby sewing

 
I am almost 32 weeks and nesting has really kicked in lately in the form of sewing. I am still working on cloth diapers and accessories. I made three zippered wet bags from using my quilting fabric stash and swaddlesbees sandwich pul. I found a great tutorial for zippered wet bags on pinterest at the blog The Mary Francis Project. I made my bags a bit larger to fit a few larger size diapers but the pattern is the same. I also made one large wet bag that uses recycled pul from a bag I made for J. I also quilted the front handle using cotton batting. I really love the handle design along with the zipper. I think these are going to work really well for cloth diapering on the go.



I am almost done with the newborn size cloth diapers. I made the rest of the ai2 diapers using pul from old covers from J and the same pattern as in my ai2 tutorial. I added cotton fabric to a few of the wings to cover a few places in the pul fabric that were pilling. So I have a total of 19 newborn diapers including the recycled velour fitted diapers. I still need to make diaper covers and a few more fitted diapers to makes sure I have enough. I have a few newborn diapers from J and will use those as a back up.  They have actually been used by three babies so far since I loaned them out to friends and are starting to show some wear now but will be nice to have on hand.



I also made patchwork cloth wipes from all of my quilting fabric scraps. I love the rounded shape and they fit perfectly in my wipe cases. I am going to make a homemade wipe solution again and should be all set in that area. The wipes are quilting cotton on one side and either flannel or hemp/organic fleece on the other side. I had a few flannel receiving blankets from J and they worked perfect for the wipes. I love all of the fabric colors and think it will really nice to have pretty diapering accessories for when she comes.


No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...