Sunday, December 23, 2012

Newborn gowns




I started making newborn clothing items for our little girl. The first is newborn gowns with matching hats. The gown pattern is the Rockin" Baby Gown from This Mama Makes Things. The hat pattern is from Zaaberry. Both are great patterns with online tutorials. I used recycled shirts from the thrift store to make everything. The flower applique is really easy to add. I used a large circle that I twisted in the center and scrunched. I then sewed a spiral from the outside to the inside of the flower. I also made a pair of ruffle pants with left over t-shirt fabric. The pants pattern is from Handmade Baby Clothes. I added the ruffles to the back. I am going to make more pants and a few shirts to match using the gown pattern. Only 5 1/2 more weeks or so to go. It is going by really quickly.






3 comments:

Night Garden Design said...

Beautiful stuff! That's going to be a very stylish little girl.

Natural Violet said...

Thanks so much! It has been fun making the gowns.

geoffandjosie said...

Hi there! I just found your blog via pinterest...your diapers and little pants are so cute! Do you have a tutorial or pattern for sale for the teeny pants? I would love to make some...so cute!

Thanks! Josie

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...