Thursday, December 12, 2013

Making progress





I'm making progress on Christmas presents. I have the two poofs done and a pattern for the teepee. I bought heavy weight green canvas at the fabric store and I will use the same canvas from the poofs for the contrast. The pattern for the teepee is from Growing up Sew Liberated. I am not sure why I haven't seen this book before. It is fantastic. I love all the patterns. I have high hopes of making the art bag and also the play capes. I just ordered a zebra cotton knit and a light blue satin for the lining of J's cape. I am also going to make one for his cousin. I have a satin brocade with butterflies that I will use for her cape and line it with an orange cotton. So exciting to create all these fun gifts. For R I made baby blocks with ribbon taggies. I am also going to make blocks for her cousin who is due any day now. Very exciting. The blocks come together very quickly and are made from scraps of quilting cotton. I used 5 inch squares. So onward and we will see what else I get made before Christmas. J and I also had fun this past weekend making a Gingerbread House from scratch. He also enjoyed some holiday sensory bin fun.







No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...