Monday, December 16, 2013

Monster mash



I am continuing to make Christmas presents for the little ones. My latest project is a monster plushie for R. I looked online at a lot of patterns and decided to just wing it and make my own. The body looks surprisingly like Jabba the Hut. I was going for large monster slug and I think I came very close. I made the body out of recycled cotton velour and the eyes out of knit scraps. The back is open and I made a separate insert for stuffing in the body. The insert is filled with rice so it can double as a warm soothie. I made the legs and horns from scrap woven cotton prints. The fun part is I made legs and horns as separate pieces that can be snapped on the main body. My goal is to make a few more and have the parts interchangeable. J had fun tonight mixing up the parts. R won't be able to snap on the pieces for a while but it will be fun for J to make different monster dolls for her.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...