Monday, January 27, 2014

KCW Day 1 and 2 - Comfy baby pants and envelope tee


It is KCW or Kids Clothing Week. I made a cute and comfy knit outfit for little sweets. I used the Monster Bunz Pattern for the pants. I made the large size without the circle bum. I am very excited about this pattern. It is so cushy and perfect for a little toddler. The size range is awesome also. The large fits from about 1-3 since the cuffs and waistband can be extended. It is pretty roomy on R now and super easy to get on and off for diaper changes. She also fits into the medium size which ranges from about 3 months to 1 year. The fabric for the pants is from a recycled pair of purple sweat pants I found at Goodwill. There is enough fabric to make two pants actually so very nice.


The envelope tee pattern is from one of my favorite books Growing Up Sew Liberated. I used the book to make the fabulous teepee for J's Christmas present. Well, the book also has really comfy clothing patterns. The envelope tee was easy to put together. I made the 12-18 months size and it fits her well though the sleeves are little long. The material is a cotton knit striped polo shirt from Goodwill. I also used this material to make the cuffs and waistband for the baby pants. She looks really cute in her new outfit. I plan to make a cute dress or pinafore to go with outfit. I received the Girls Style Book for Christmas and I can't wait to try out the patterns. 




2 comments:

hungie gungie said...

Cute outfit- we should meet at goodwill and raid their knits!

Natural Violet said...

Awesome idea! I love going to goodwill.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...