Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lavender face and body cream


Lavender is one my favorite herbs. I have grown English lavender in the garden for many years. The little bushes are just starting to come back and I am eagerly anticipating the first blooms of spring. Lavender is such a treat to the senses. The smell is wonderful and the little purple blooms are a treat to the eyes. Here is my ode to spring and a recipe for a light and creamy lavender face and body lotion. I have also included a quick recipe for a lavender floral water. I use this all the time as a little pick me up during the day. It is very refreshing and relaxing at the same time. See my lemon post for places to buy the cosmetic supplies. Enjoy!

Lavender face and body cream

5 tablespoons almond oil
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons shea butter
2 tablespoon emulsifying wax
1/2 cup distilled water
1/2 teaspoon borax
20 drops of lavender essential oil

In a double boiler, melt the wax, almond oil, avocado oil and shea butter. Warm the distilled water and borax in another pan. Remove both from the heat and add together in a bowl using a whisk to blend. Add the lavender essential oil once the mixture cools a bit. Transfer to a container. I store the cream at room temperature, but I use it within a few weeks. If you are keeping it longer then it may need to be refrigerated.

Lavender floral water

1 cup distilled water
20 drops of lavender essential oil

Combine all the ingredients and store in a spray bottle. Shake to mix before each use.

1 comment:

lavender handmade soaps said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...