Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Microfleece swim shorts



We are taking swimming lessons at the local pool. We have one more week to go and then he will have completed Starfish level 1, so very exciting. The water temperature in the indoor pool is very chilly and he shivered through a few of classes until I decided to make him a pair of warmer swim trunks. I made the shorts with the same monkey pants pattern and cut them a bit shorter. I used microfleece from Mill Direct which is the same fabric that I use to line his new diapers. The shorts turned out very nice and comfy. I also put him in a long sleeve microfleece onesie that I made for him last winter. He was very toasty at the last swim class. The shorts do absorb more water than the nylon version, but they dry pretty quickly once you wring out the water.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...