Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lemon coconut cleanser

Here is another version of the lemon cleanser. This one has coconut oil along with rose hip seed oil. It is wonderfully fragrant and a real treat for your skin.

Lemon coconut cleanser
This is a creme cleanser that does not need water. I massage it on my face and remove it with a washcloth and toner.

2 tablespoons almond oil
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon rose hip oil
2 tablespoon emulsifying wax
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon borax
20 drops of lemon essential oil

In a double boiler, melt the wax and oils together. Warm the lemon juice and borax in another pan. Remove both from the heat and add together in a bowl using a whisk to blend. Add the lemon essential oil once the mixture cools a bit. Transfer to a container. I store the cleanser at room temperature, but I use it within a few weeks. If you are keeping it longer then it may need to be refrigerated.

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...