Saturday, July 11, 2009

Heavy duty hemp fitted cloth diaper


I have a lot of hemp jersey fabric so I thought I would experiment a bit and make a hemp fitted diaper that is twice as thick as the original ones. I also wanted a pattern that had a lot more coverage around the front and the wings so I came up with my own. The diaper pattern is in two files located at meddiaper1 and meddiaper2. I used same method as shown in the diaper tutorial except I cut out twice as much fabric. I cut four of the main diaper body using the hemp jersey and four of the liner using the organic cotton fleece. I also made the liner using the quick dry insert method. I attached the insert by sewing down the center. I also sewed the insert at the four corners. I used two inch wide Velcro and the rest is the same. It turned out pretty heavy duty, but it works great. I am going to make a few more to add to the diaper pile. I think it is more economical to make the larger diapers using the hemp fleece as compared to the hemp jersey, but it worked for me since I have a lot of the fabric on hand.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very great!! Love handmade diapers! :)

Natural Violet said...

Thanks Lisa!!

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...