Thursday, January 28, 2010

Toddler longies




So it has been really cold here this winter. I am sure I am not telling you anything new since it has been really cold in a lot of places. I finally made Jonas a pair of longies out of some left over synthetic yarn that I had in my stash. I have been intrigued by all the diaper covers that I have seen online and I saw that some people make them out of synthetic yarn also. They work pretty good if you use a tight knitting gauge. The result is similar to using polartec fleece covers. So I decided to make a pair for Jonas to use as a diaper cover and also to keep his little legs warm. The pattern is very similar to the boy bloomers execept it has a lot more shaping and an extra leg gusset. In other words it is a lot more complicated. The longies fit him great with all the extra shaping so it is definitely worth the extra steps. I also really like the gusset since it gives him a lot of freedom of movement. Here are photos of the pants and the little guy in action. He really looks adorable in his knitted pants.



4 comments:

Emily's Family said...

Oh he is adorable in his longies!


http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

Natural Violet said...

Thanks Shannon!!

VeganCowGirl said...

They are great! He looks super coolio!

Natural Violet said...

That he does! Thanks!

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...