Saturday, January 23, 2010

Toddler recycled t-shirt pants


I am working on a new pants pattern. It is modeled after a variety of yoga pants that I have seen online. It has taken me a lot longer to come up with a pattern than I thought it would since the pants are pretty simple. The first couple of tries were too big in the hip and then too big in the waist. I am also working on the pants rise to accommodate the cloth diapers. Anyway, it is taking a while to come up with a good pattern. It is interesting that before he was born I definitely spent a lot of time thinking about a pattern and making samples. I find that these days I try to be more efficient with my time since I usually don't get large blocks of time for crafting. I do have his afternoon nap time to mull over different ideas. He typically takes a good afternoon nap. I rock him in the rocking chair and either tell him a story or sing him a song and he is off to sleepy time. I am getting close with the pants pattern and here is my result so far. I am going to change the waistband a bit and also work on the cuffs. I would like for the pants to grow with him, but the cuffs are bit too floppy. I think a few more alterations and then it will be good. This pair was made from recycled thrift store t-shirts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Ultra Cute!!

Natural Violet said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I don't know if you've already completed your pattern for the Teeny Pants, but I figured I'd offer my suggestion for the the cuffs, since you mentioned they are floppy. You could try adding a couple of coordinating snaps to the pants and cuffs to make them inter-changeable and be able to customize different lengths and colors.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...