Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dyed hemp fleece diapers


I dyed some of the hemp jersey fabric with low impact fiber reactive dyes and made a few more diaper samples. The hemp jersey dyes beautifully. I purchased the dyes from Dharma Trading Company. The fiber reactive dyes are low impact because they bind really well to the fabric and therefore less dye to go down the drain. The dye is set with soda ash which is basically a ph adjuster. I have used the fiber reactive dyes on hemp fabric for many years and I love all the wonderful colors available in the Dharma line. The diapers were made with one layer of dyed hemp jersey on the outside and one layer of hemp fleece on the inside. I lined the larger avocado diaper with microfleece. The smaller one I left with the hemp fleece liner. It is going to a friend of ours who just had a baby boy. We are going over to visit tonight and bring lentil soup and corn muffins so will be a fun evening.

3 comments:

sarah g said...

these are rad..i am so inspired

Emily's Family said...

I love them, I really need to learn how to make my own.
http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

Natural Violet said...

Thanks!!

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...