Sunday, March 28, 2010

Orchid hemp fleece diaper



I made a sample diaper for Jonas out of the Orchid dyed hemp fleece. I lined the diaper with recycled Polartec Power Stretch. The post consumer content is 65%. It stretches in both directions and is really soft. One side is fleece and the other side is lycra knit. The diaper is made with the same pattern as the recycled t-shirt diaper but is turned and top stitched. The diaper has one layer of hemp fleece, hemp jersey and micro fleece. The insert is made from four layers of hemp fleece. I am still trying out new insert patterns. I have a hard time narrowing down what I think works best since there are so many ways to make an insert and they all have their merits. For this diaper, I tried out a new front pocket system that includes an internal overlapping flap. It works really well and is definitely a keeper.

I also tried out my new diaper labels. I created the labels in Microsoft Word and printed them on fabric using Dharma Trading Company Inkjet Roll Cotton. It is really easy to use and an inexpensive way to make your own custom labels. I need to fine tune the labels a bit since they turned out lighter than expected.



No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...