Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hemp pocket diaper with microfleece liner


Here is a quick dry version of my hemp fitted diaper. I really like the hemp material, but it does take a while to dry. I used my own diaper pattern (download at nvdiaper01 and nvdiaper02) and made it same way as in the diaper tutorial except I omitted the soaker pad and left the top open to form a pocket diaper. I made a quick dry hemp insert for the soaker pad. I also left off the fleece liner and made a separate stay dry liner in an hour glass shape. I am going to make a few more to add to the diaper pile. They dry really quick and are super absorbant. I also like the separate fleece liner. It is a snap to take out when things get a little messy. The only trade off is that it tends to shift a bit after he wears the diaper for a while, so there is potential for the rest of the diaper to get a bit messy also. Great diaper though and definitely quick drying.


No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...